$500 for the ignitor assembly?

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Wed Jul 23 05:21:45 PDT 2008

Whoops! Sorry, wrong name - I'm used to seeing the 'black box' named
the CDI unit. The ignitor is (or so I'm used to seeing) the
electomechanical pickup at the crank that sends the firing pulse. I
hadn't noticed there was a difference in definition. I do occasionally
see an engine sold with electronics on occasion on eBay, but it's more
common they are separated.
Randy Grein, WMRRA #41