not enough thread for GPR V1 steering stabilizer

John spam at onlineconcepts.com
Wed Jul 30 11:14:48 PDT 2008

Zoran wrote:
> which would bring him to same thing he has now.seems bearing is
> problem,taller than stock.

This problem existed even with the stock bearings when using the non-S triple
clamp. The fellow who answered the phone at GPR claimed that the S model triple
would solve the problem. I just need a little more thread to feel comfortable
that the nut will hold. I'll use red loc-tite as well.

Would it be ok to machine down the round pedestal on the bottom of the non-S
triple? I know the surface would have to be pretty flat and smooth. That's why I
would go to a machinist, rather than using my dremel tool.  :)

Anyone ever heard of this being done?

I ask because I have a spare non-S model triple clamp, and I would prefer to
spend 50 bucks on machining costs, instead of replacing the upper and lower
triples. It sounds like less work for me--unless it doesn't work.

What would you do in this situation? I would like to remain WERA Superstock
legal, so gixxer front ends are out.

P.S. I'm also pinging Andy P. off-list about the S model version.

-John
'99 SV650
'98 VFR800
'70 El Camino