replace 2nd gen tank

Steve Robertson srobertson at ssimicro.com
Sun Jun 1 20:16:38 PDT 2008

On my 03 I just remove the fuel line from the tank and tuck it up beside
the airbox. Like Zoran says, it will only be a few drops that come out. The
pump shouldn't turn off as long as your key is in the off position and kill
switch is off.

If you are swapping tanks anyways just get a big ass funnel and dump the
contents of the old tank into the "new" one. The only things holding the
tank on are the two bolts at the front, the fuel line, one electrical
connection
and the long bolt for the tank mounting bracket.

Steve