replace 2nd gen tank

Jim Stewart js at strappe.com
Sun Jun 1 20:49:59 PDT 2008

Jo Rhett wrote:
> So without the pump going it won't spill?  Great ;-)
>
> Any way other than hose/mouth/siphon to get 2 gallons out of the old
> tank and into the new one?

Jo, the tank's fuel valve is vacuum operated. No vacuum, no flow. So there's no
problem removing the tank, just disconnect the vacuum line, the fuel line, the
fuel sender wires and vent lines at the rear.

By the same token, if you want to empty the tank just pull the fuel line and
direct it into a suitable vessel. Then apply vacuum to the vacuum spigot on the
valve and fuel will flow.

I use a Mity-Vac to suck on the spigot, but you can do it by mouth. It's clean
and doesn't take much vacuum.

-js

--
http://www.strappe.com