Best Track Day Tire for Gen1?

Wendell Crain wendell_crain at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 8 09:31:20 PDT 2008

I believe it is all a matter of personal preference. There is not much difference between the versions of the track/street tires for the SV. Changes in the tire profile is the largest difference you are going to see. They are all very sticky and last exceptionally well. Last year, I got 8 track days out of a set and only changed them because I was going to do a race. They then have been mounted on an F3 and done 3 more track days. We completed a 3 hour endurance on a set of Qualifiers and they performed to the same level. The next day, the same set of Qualifiers did 3 sprint races. Please remember I am pretty slow, so these results may not be atypical. Best advice would be to buy a set of one brand and then when you have used them to your level of comfort, buy a different brand.

I cannot give an opinion on slicks, but Power Races seem to be extremely sticky. Just got to pick your price point for comfort once you get out of the track/street level.

Good luck.

Wendell