Follow-Up Tire Question

Ernest Montague afm199 at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 8 12:44:55 PDT 2008

There is no best tire. The Pirelli Dragon SC is a very good tire. So is
the Michelin PR series, ditto the D209 Dunlops and the Nutec slicks.
Ask five races what the best tire is, you'll get three opinions, Dunlop
Nutec, Pirelli Dragon SC an Michelin PR.

Unless you're running insane lap time they are all more tire than you
can use  cheap Dunlop D208GPs or Pirelli Dragon Supercorsas, which are
cheaper than the top of the line race tires.

Cost is always relative. If you buy ten from Tigershark you will get a
better price than one from the Yamaha dealer.

Run  a medium compound year around and you are fine

Ernie