Follow-Up Tire Question

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Sun Jun 8 15:38:33 PDT 2008

Eh, yeah, what he said. But in Pirelli you'll generally want the blue
(soft) front and a green (medium) rear. You'll pay more though; I've
been considering a change to Bridgestones just because of the cost.
However, Tom did say quick turnin - that's a Dunlop. The profile is
more angular giving quicker turnin, but the carcass is stiffer so you
need to setup the chassis and suspension to suit. A bike set up to
handle well with Pirellis will likely chatter quite badly using
Dunlops, and you'll likely wash the tire at the inflection point.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #41