Bike Pricing Question

Joanna Moss jo at fapg.net
Mon Jun 9 14:28:57 PDT 2008

I am finally getting rid of the 2000 SV650 that I have had in my garage
for almost 2 years. I have a friend who wants to buy it and keeps asking
me for a price. I crashed it 4 days after I bought it and it has only
been ridden home since then. It is a cosmetic total (mainly: dented
tank, scratched frame, scratched tail piece) and I haven't applied for a
salvage title. I used the money from insurance to buy basically the same
bike and have been swapping parts until I now have mine set up the way I
want. Right now, the carbs are off and missing a needle or two, the
choke cable and a couple of other small parts have been cannibalized,
the exhaust is of and the bike just needs general maintenance because it
has been sitting for so long. It is basically stock after switching out
parts for my current bike. The tires, chain, sprocket, brakes and all
those wear-and-tear items are in good shape. It should run, but it needs
putting back together which I don't have time or energy to do now or in
the foreseeable future. So, anyone have any ballpark idea of what I
should be asking a friend for this? He wants to get it running again and
get a salvage title. He is a great mechanic who would enjoy doing it.

TIA.

- Joanna