Best Street and Track Day Tires

Jo Rhett jorhett at fastlizardracing.com
Tue Jun 17 11:06:58 PDT 2008

On Jun 7, 2008, at 4:11 PM, Thomas J. Fitzpatrick III wrote:
> I'm sure this has been discussed a gazillion times, but I'm finally
> getting
> ready to put my gen 1 SV on the track for some track days, yet still
> want to
> be able to ride on the street.  Locally, I've heard the Dunlop
> Qualifiers
> are good, but that most SV guys and gals prefer the Pirelli Diablo
> Super
> Corsas.

I've heard good things about the Diablo Corsas -- the street tires,
not the DOT race tires.  The DOT race tires are fantastic, but you
won't get much street mileage out of them.  I get 3 races and 3-4
practice days out of the race tires.

My favorite street/track tire you can't get any more -- the
Bridgestone 010 was fantastic.  I've gotten 8-9k miles on the street
with one of those, and did 1:56s at Infineon on the same tire.  The
Bridgestone BT014 you should avoid because a ledge develops between
the side and middle of the tire.  I heard it was fixed in the 016 but
I can't speak for that.

#553 WERA / AFM