Best Track Day Tire for Gen1?

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Tue Jun 17 17:36:33 PDT 2008

Jo, they don't chunk - and wear (for a modern race tire) is pretty
good. We're a long way from the early days of supersport racing when
'DOT Race' meant a death sentence in the rain. I've gone through
several sets of supercorsas that were retired to the street (free to
me tires are good!) and had zero problems - they even do OK in up to
an inch of snow, better than the cars were. In the rain they stick
better than the stock tires, ditto in the cold. You know what they're
like when they get hot. (grin) I wouldn't pay $400/set for 6,000 mile
tires, but when nobody takes them, nobody buys them (used) they're a
better deal than anything else.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #41