Best Track Day Tire for Gen1?

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Wed Jun 18 05:34:13 PDT 2008

That's not chunked, just worn out. (grin) I get in the neighborhood of
6000 miles out of a rear, never worn out a front. Too many others
waiting in line. Thing is, heat cycles are a race thing, not a street
thing. On the street tires generally don't get hot enough to count as
a heat cycle; an hour of freeway riding put them at just over 100
degrees on a 65 degree day.
Randy Grein, WMRRA #41