Another Track Day tire question?

Mike Moore mike at moorecc.com
Wed Jun 18 07:40:00 PDT 2008

I've been following the tire discussions with interest.  I'm in my second
year of track days on a 2006 SV650 using BT-014.  I've been happy with the
tires but I'm getting to the pace (Nesba "I") that I am considering
something else.  Pirelli is a Nesba sponsor and lots of folks are runing DC
III but they are not available in 160 for the SV.  Recently it was suggested
that I consider switching out the rear wheel (F3 or similar) so I could run
DC III.

Does anyone have experience with this type of setup?

Anyone know for sure what is is required for an F3 rear wheel swap.  Does F3
year make a difference?  I think before about '98 the F3 was a 5" rim and
5.5" later.  Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks in advance

Mike