Another Track Day tire question?

Erik Weber yoober at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 09:42:12 PDT 2008

Mike, dunno about the wheel swap, but I ride with NESBA too on my SV.
I get my Pirellis from them. I switched to race tires after I was in
the "I" group for a while. I think the DC III is said to last you
longer because it's not as soft in the center, but I think the edge
compound is the same as the SCs, so I have trouble understanding how
that's really going to last longer when it comes to cornering, but
maybe I have it wrong. I have run the Dragon SC (DOT and slick) and
the newer Diablo SC (all come in 160) and have been happy with all of
them. I also ran the Bridgestone Battlax slicks and liked them too.
You might get some good prices on the Dragons since they are basically
being replaced.