retrieving washer from bottom of engine

John spam at onlineconcepts.com
Wed Jun 18 13:08:33 PDT 2008

I'm posting this a little late, but Zoran is the man. DON'T MESS with the Zoran!

Are you getting a lot of that with the Adam Sandler movie out?  :)

I posted to three e-mail lists and received three conflicting pieces of advice:

* Lay the bike on its left side (Zoran)

* Lay the bike on its right side

* Create an electromagnet using two lengths of wire and a 12-volt battery. (No,
I am not making this up, someone actually suggested this. It's a great idea, but
I didn't feel qualified to create *new* tools when I couldn't even operate the
ones I had.)

Thankfully, I only had to try the first recommendation. When I leaned the SV650
on its left side, the washer slowly drifted into view on a film of oil! I was
able to reach it with my handy-dandy magnetic wand.

More details and photos here. Unfortunately, I did not end up racing, but I'll
be ready for Road Atlanta in two weeks. Click below to read about:

* Mechanical stoopidity

* Installing a Pit Bull trailer stand in a 1970 El Camino

* Overheating in scary areas of Atlanta

http://www.floribamariders.com/blogs/my-first-wera-non-race-saga

P.S. If you're in the Southeast, the Floribama Riders are offering a Barber
track day July 26-27. See:

http://www.floribamariders.com/events/trackday-barber-motorsports-park-leeds-alabama

-John
'99 SV650
'98 VFR800
'70 El Camino

> drain oil.lay bike down on left side.come back couple hours later and washer
> will be by drain plug.pull it out with magnet.
>

> Zoran Vujasinovic
> Twin Works Factory
> 775-786-4881
> www.twfracing.com