Changing gearing -- front vs rear

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Fri Jun 20 21:15:37 PDT 2008

That's because you have to take the clutch actuator off to get at the
sprocket. FWIW divide the rear sprocket # by the front to get the gear
ratio - 14/44 is 3.142, 15/46 is 3.0666, 3.133. At 15/45 1 front tooth
= 3 rear teeth.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #41

On Jun 20, 2008, at 8:29 PM, Erik Weber wrote:

> Thanks guys. It was for Barber. It actually seemed to be pretty good
> gearing for the track, but it just seems that since I'm usually taking
> the rear wheel off to put a new tire on anyway, I might as well just
> aquire a couple of different rear sprockets. Also last time when I had
> a guy help me put the 15 back on at the track last time, he also had
> to mess with the clutch adjustment?
>
> On 6/20/08, Konneker, Tristan R <Tristan.Konneker at qwest.com> wrote:
>> The front's at least as easy as the rear if you have an air impact.
>> Front sprockets are also a lot cheaper. I personally wouldn't go to
>> a 14
>> because of the increased wear. Is this for TGPR? I can't think of
>> another track that would call for much shorter gearing than stock.

>>> the
>>> 14/44 track. What would be the equivalent rear sprocket? 15/46,