Changing gearing -- front vs rear

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Sat Jun 21 09:56:27 PDT 2008

Resonance happens in many systems, and sounds like you found a good
example.

We don't have any tracks up here that require such low gearing (except
perhaps Mission, BC) so I see taller gearing. Some are still using
15/45 and bumping against the rev limiter, but sneaking a peak at the
fast guys I saw 15/43. My short-lived superbike did quite well with
16/43, thank you very much with no trouble with 2nd gear power
wheelies. I might have ultimately changed to 16/44, but it was well
past 9500 (power peak) at the end of the straight, so getting fully
dialed in might have made that pointless.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #41