screw-on caps

Wendell Crain wendell_crain at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 21 10:42:03 PDT 2008

Does anyone know if inside the release valves for screw-on gas caps, if there should be springs between the set screws and the BB's? Mine only has a spring on the fuel-side set screw. The filler-side has the set screw, then the BB. I am guessing that is wrong and it should have a spring. Then, how tight do those set screws need to be? I have not been able to find any documentation about the valves. I am also guessing that the valves need to go both ways, in for as the fuel is being used and out in case of sitting in the hot sun in the paddock.

Thanks!

Wendell