Piston Weights

Steve Robertson srobertson at ssimicro.com
Tue Mar 4 10:39:41 PST 2008

With the help of a mechanic I will be getting into the motor next
month and will check what kind of slugs are in there. The motor
already has Carillo rods and I am running total loss with a lightened
rotor. Here some piston numbers that I have researched. All are for
the SV with exception of the CP pistons which are for a Busa but I
would assume they would work (??yes/no??) All are 83mm bore:

Wiseco 244gr
JE         241gr
Zlock    228gr (made for Zlock by Wiseco I believe)
Spears  221gr
CP        214gr

If anyone knows of a reason not to use the CP Pistons I would be
interested to hear.

thanks,
Steve