Piston Weights

Ted Temple lrrs52 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 06:36:12 PST 2008

Easy KC...  ;-)

I've used Gregg's stuff for the last 7-8 years and am
in the process of building a 2mm Spears motor for a
friend.  Here are the individual weights for those
actual parts:

     +2mm (coated) piston: 221.0 Grams
                Wrist pin:  56.7 Grams
                    Rings:  17.3 Grams
                    Clips:   1.0 Gram

I think the total of 296 grams is less than a stock
piston and pin alone.  I just know they work and are
reliable.  Most of the fast SV's at Loudon are running
Spears motors.  That's a pretty good testament to the
quality of the parts and design since we're nearly
3,000 miles away and none of us has met Gregg or even
met anyone who has. :-)

I saw on RRW recently that Gregg was being honored as
"Motorsportsman of the year" by someone - Congrats
Gregg!!!

Ted

--- KC Gager <kc at brgracing.com> wrote:
> Spears is saying his pistons are the lightest out
> there.... There a JE
> piston. I'd have to weight them again; we had a set
> in a couple of years
> ago. I don't remember the number but I do remember
> they need Jenny Craig.
>
> KC Gager
> BRG Racing Products
> "We Have Sickness For Quickness"