WTB custom rearset adapter

Erik Weber yoober at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 12:12:30 PST 2008

I was wondering if any of you metal workers would be interested in
building me a custom rearset adapter.

Right now I have one that moves the stock first-gen "S" footrests up 1
inch and back 1 inch.

What I want to try is up 1.5 inch and back 1.5 inch.

Something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SV650-99-08-SV-650-Race-Rear-Set-Riser-Plates-Rearset_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35601QQihZ024QQitemZ370027879334QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I would pay more for:

1) multiple holes so I can do 1 inch or 1.5 inches

look at this to get an idea:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SV650-99-08-SV-650-Race-Rear-Set-Riser-Plates-Rearset_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35601QQihZ024QQitemZ370027875117QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

2) The "bend" -- so that the pegs won't be pushed *out* from the sides
of the bike any more than stock

Sorry I don't have a picture of this. But looking down at the bike
from space, front of the bike pointing south, they would be shaped
something like this:

_|  |_ <-- footrest holes are on this plate
|       |   <-- mounts to frame are on this plate

Obviously the other requirement would be the right choice of metal
(I'm not sure what that is though).

I don't need the shift rod extender.

This would be for a 2001 SV650S.

Anyone want to give me a quote (with or without #1 or #2)?

Thanks,
Erik