WTB custom rearset adapter

matthew patton pattonme at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 7 13:42:25 PST 2008

anyone else think 1/4" plate is a little wimpy? granted almost all of
the load is in sheer except in a crash. Then I'd guess the plates would
bend a bit. Normal "accepted" practice WRT to thread engagement is that
you want 1.5x the dia of the fastener so a M6 bolt should thread into
9mm worth of material. but that rule of thumb probably applies more so
in tension situations.

I must be missing something but I don't follow why you'd have to have 2
different designs for left and right. The outside face of the adapter
when used on the left becomes the inside face when mounted on the right
side.