Piston Weights - update

Ted Temple lrrs52 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 05:52:10 PDT 2008

  Here's an update on the +2mm Spears pistons I'm
about to put in a motor...
  I always have SwainTech put their Ceramic Thermal
Barrier coating on the domes and a Poly-Moly
lubrication coating on the skirts.  With all of the
discussion on piston weights, I decided to check the
weights again after the coatings were complete.  I
stopped at a local jewelry store and on their NYS
certified scale got 221.1 grams after the coatings
(heaviest of two).
  The coatings work extremely well and I was glad that
their weight turned out to be neglible at best...

--- Ted Temple <lrrs52 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> in the process of building a 2mm Spears motor for a
> friend.  Here are the individual weights for those
> actual parts:
>
>      +2mm (coated) piston: 221.0 Grams
>                 Wrist pin:  56.7 Grams
>                     Rings:  17.3 Grams