Torque values GSXR

Ernest Montague afm199 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 16 14:54:53 PDT 2008

Wayne:

I am not blaming the board. I never blamed the board. I am not blaming
anyone for a poorly written rule, and I already posted that I should
have said something earlier. However, remember ALEX brought it up to
the board, not me. I told Alex I would not protest, period.  He chose
to bring it up as he is a board member and saw a conflict of interest.
Too bad. He tried to do the right thing, someone else said it should
apply to all prod bikes. Too bad again.  The rule was clear and poorly
written. End of story.  I was the one who said: "The emperor has no
clothes.".

Revisionist BS? Well, first time I heard it was close to 20 years ago.

I also petitioned the board yesterday to just enforce the fork cap rule
AS IT HAS BEEN ENFORCED and deal with this next year.

And please point out where I am criticizing ANY elected Board Member, I
don't recall doing that.  I have been a board member of a not for
profit corp and have  no illusions about how easy it is.

Nor did I propose anything in writing. I bounced the cam swap off BARF
and nobody seemed to support it, so I was fine with that.  I bounced
the FORK CAP issue off BARF and Alex because it seemed to me that it
was NOT in the best interest of a Production class intended for new
racers and low budget racers to deal with $1300 fork mods.  And even
the fork rule, if strictly construed, says "modification" of internals.
The cartridge is not a mod it is a replacement.

When the rule came up I was recovering from a crash, injured and not
intending to race.  This year things looked better and I decided to.
Last minute decision.  LIke I said, I wish I had kept my mouth shut,
and I am not blaming ANYONE for anything. It is just an unfortunate
event.  Also one that will blow over quickly.

Ernie