carbs

Wendell Crain wendell_crain at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 17 05:14:59 PDT 2008

Last fall I screwed up. We were cleaning the garage and I was winterizing the bikes. Ran out of time and left filling tanks with the Stabil-added gas to the wife and kids. Big mistake (in my best Arnold voice). I found out this weekend that they missed my track bike. Tried to start it Saturday and finally got it run. It was back-firing, popping and generally running pretty rough. I am assuming that carbs are gummed up. Unless someone has another suggestion? I did the jetting on these, but have never taken carbs apart before to clean. How far down do they have to be disassembled? I was looking at the service manual and wasn't sure if all that was needed or if there are short-cuts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Wendell