zoran zv30 at
Mon Mar 17 10:02:46 PDT 2008

it is pilot jet that is clogged.most like everything else is just fine.
take them out and see.

Zoran Vujasinovic
Twin Works Factory
----- Original Message -----
From: "Wendell Crain" <wendell_crain at>
To: <sv650 at>
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 5:14 AM
Subject: carbs

Last fall I screwed up. We were cleaning the garage and I was winterizing
the bikes. Ran out of time and left filling tanks with the Stabil-added gas
to the wife and kids. Big mistake (in my best Arnold voice). I found out
this weekend that they missed my track bike. Tried to start it Saturday and
finally got it run. It was back-firing, popping and generally running pretty
rough. I am assuming that carbs are gummed up. Unless someone has another
suggestion? I did the jetting on these, but have never taken carbs apart
before to clean. How far down do they have to be disassembled? I was looking
at the service manual and wasn't sure if all that was needed or if there are
short-cuts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!