AFM 650 Production rules

Jo Rhett jorhett at fastlizardracing.com
Mon Mar 24 16:50:10 PDT 2008

On Mar 24, 2008, at 2:30 PM, Architeuthis dux wrote:
> I've been watching the griping on the rules, but I tried to puzzle
> through them myself to see if my 2003 naked is legal, and I can't
> really tell.

Neither can the board so you're in good company ;-)

> 9.1.2k - can't modify lighting

Ignore all 9.1.x rules.  650 Production class only uses 9.2 rules.

> Also, what's the current opinion on a good DOT tire setup?  I have
> slicks on right now, so I guess those will have to go... :-/

According to rumors, the Michellin DOTs are better than their Slicks
this year.

Pirelli DOTs are exactly the same tire as the slick, with grooves cut
in it.  Grip is great ;-) (I use these)

Bridgestone has nothing smaller than a 185, so they're not in the game.

#553 WERA / AFM