Differences between the '03 and '05-08 motor

Donlon McGovern mcgovern at hevanet.com
Sat May 17 17:41:03 PDT 2008

From: "Steve Brunton"

 When did they start the dual-plug head thing? was that '07 or '06? I
can't remember. Those AFAIK are the only "official" differences. That
being said, yes there are some other differences between at least the
'04 and '05 motors that I have (with the '04 being for sale, freshly
rebuilt to WERA superstock spec, new crank, etc. etc.) that aren't
listed by  Suzuki.
-steve
AFAIK, the DL shares the same engine other than cams and tuning with the SV.
I have an 06 DL650 and it has single plug heads. But IDK if the DL and SV
share the same heads so this may be completely irrelevant...but then some
might say "it's not irrelevant, it's a hippopotamus"..
dm