Ideas, suggestions?

Ernest Montague afm199 at earthlink.net
Sat May 24 20:16:16 PDT 2008

Huh 250 psi?  That is high.  Lost a lot of oil for that much
compression. Unless the valve guide seals were not installed, it was
not going through the valves. And anyway it would be valve guide seals
on off throttle smoking.  Sounds like you might have pinched an oil
ring in install and probably scuffed the cylinder too.