low power and brake issue

Wendell Crain wendell_crain at hotmail.com
Thu May 29 06:29:39 PDT 2008

Well it definitely seemed like putting the spacer on the needle helps in throttle response. I will find out for sure at the track tomorrow. As far as the brakes, they are brand new pads. Not sure of an "official" way to bed the pads. I was using the brakes as much as possible in the test rides up and down my road. Nothing dramatic just gentle squeezes. Between all the test rides, it was maybe 45-60 minutes of time. The lever feels solid mid-way through the pull. I am just used to my other SV, in that it is solid after 1/10th of pull on the lever. They will do for now, but I do want them to be more similar to the other bike.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions! I appreciate it.Wendell