'99- should I worry about the crank?

Aaron Turner synfinatic at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 10:35:06 PST 2008

I'm hoping to start racing AFM in 650P next year and there's a
race-ready '99 for sale on BARF (I'm sure most of you know the one I'm
talking about).

Anyways, other then paying two mortgages (anyone want to buy a
townhome in SJ? :), the one thing I'm worried about is what I've heard
about the early SV cranks not being up to snuff for racing/trackdays.
Anyone care to comment on how real this issue is?  Are there solutions
other then being a pansy on the throttle?  Or should I just wait for a
prepped G2?

Thanks,
Aaron

--