Cold Tear or tire just worn out?

Andy Preston andy at prestonmedina.com
Tue Oct 7 22:50:50 PDT 2008

Ahmed Jehanzeb wrote:
> I got the tire as a used take off which did not have too many miles on it
> but might have
>
> Had one too many heat cycles

I've run a decent amount of take-offs on the street. Personally, I think
most of the pressures quoted are too low for the street, I always run
38lb in the back tire and 33 front on the street, even on take offs.
Your tire life is going to go up with the higher pressures. Never had
any grip issues in the rear. I try to only run the fronts though for the
warmer 6 months here in nor-cal, maybe this is where a lower pressure
might help, but in the mornings, 50deg and below, the rubber just feels
hard and the grip doesn't seem to be there. I guess thats the heat
cycles at work.

Andy