Cold Tear or tire just worn out?

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Tue Oct 7 23:12:28 PDT 2008

It gets a hell of a lot colder up here in Seattle Andy, and I've had
no trouble with the fronts (except the odd cold tear) down below
freezing. I've been running pressure just a couple pounds lower than
you do, but I haven't run the new gen tires through yet. There's still
a possibility that they could perform better at lower pressures, and
even last longer. I'm doing just commuting on the freeway so the
center wears only - and I got to thinking the wear is a pretty narrow
band. Lower pressure might spread it out more and make it last longer
- maybe not, but tires are well past the point that all the graphs go
in one direction only. We could easily get better milage with lower
pressure, only way to know for sure is to test.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #41