Cam Timing Problems

Steve Robertson srobertson at ssimicro.com
Sat Oct 11 22:35:30 PDT 2008

Evening KC,

I agree that the numbers are off from what I would have expected and as I
am new to this there may be some error on my part, but I think I finally got
it right (will double check). Whoever did it took the time to mark the cams
and weld them into place so right or wrong some effort was made. I guess
the most important piece of info is that I have the cams but not the motor
they
were originally installed in. I simply put them in a stock motor and
measured
where they were at. The cam timing worked out to 242 on the intakes and 221
@ 40thou on the exhausts which is actually slightly shorter in duration than
the
published spec for these cams from Megacycle (245 and 233 @ 40thou)

Steve