ratio of shock linkage and extensions?

matthew patton pattonme at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 12 20:56:34 PDT 2008

> 1 mm raises the rear about 3mm IIRC

I hope we're talking G1.

> Did  you MEASURE the actual axle to triple length fully
> extended fork?

no. any anyhow the lower portion of a GSXR750 triple and an SV is dramatically different.

> That is what counts. What sticks above the top triple is
> not important.

I'm not sure why you'd say that. it's a fixed location. If the bottom of the triple is fine then the top is good too. ditto bottom or top of the head stock.

the 'deck' height of the gsxr750 upper triple and that of a stock SV-N upper triple is exactly the same. If my forks are longer by 20mm (that much more shiny upper showing) I don't understand why I can't safely say the axle is also 20mm displaced downward at 25deg (rake angle) too. the fork lowers are a fixed constant, I'm using SV lowers. Sure, if I put GSXR lowers on there then I'd *have* to measure from axle center to get anything resembling a useful number.

I hadn't thought thru fully about how much the axle had moved vertically by virtue of 20mm longer forks. it's 20 * cos 25 = 18mm. and the 70 profile is actually 11mm for a total of 29mm. So I need to drop the forks and/or raise the rear to come back to zero.