ratio of shock linkage and extensions?

Ernest Montague afm199 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 12 23:33:44 PDT 2008

Talking gen one yes

The reason I measure axle to frame is that no calculation is needed.
Once I find the number I want, extended axle to frame, it remains the
same regardless of what forks, or how much or little shows.  Ditto the
rear shock. I set the length rear shock and front axle to frame, end of
story.

Same distance on the SV stock front end, the ZX6r front end I ran, and
the GSXR front  I run now. I have use three front ends on the bike, I
set them all with the same axle to frame distance....

You measure from the top of the triple to fork cap, you need a
different set of numbers for each set of forks, Why bother?