rear shock conflicts with sidestand...

Patrick Mullen pmullen.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 11:16:08 PDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Ernest Montague <afm199 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Jo take a chisel and pound the bracket forward, or hacksaw it off, I have
> done both.

Why do I not remember having any of these problems?  I have had both
the Penske and
a resprung GSXR750 shock on both the first and second gen SV and just
removed the
switch and shorted the wire.  Between events I would bolt the
kickstand back onto the
bike to make it easier to move around in the garage and un/load the trailer.

But that was a while ago, so maybe I did it and don't remember, or
maybe your shock
is just that much longer than mine.  My Penske is one of the early
versions with the
ride height not quite long enough at its full extension.

~Patrick
--
2003 Triumph Sprint ST
2004 (race) / 2001 (street) Suzuki SV650