My SV died. FI light blinking.

David Chamberlin dwc at nautiboy.com
Sat Sep 13 21:21:50 PDT 2008

Sigh.  After all this time telling people how bullet-proof and reliable my
SV is, it up and died on me tonight.  :-(

It was running beautifully, I was just accelerating away from a stop light
and it suddenly died.  No sputtering, no hesitation, just *poof* done.

I pulled over to the side and tried to restart it, it cranked fine, but it
didn't catch and the red FI light was blinking and it was flashing FI in the
LCD.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think maybe it has
something to do with the fuel system.  :-)  Oh, and to answer the obvious,
there should be a reasonable amount of fuel in there (and the fuel light was
not on).

I tell ya - 3 miles of non-flat terrain is a lot farther than you think when
pushing a bike.  :-(  I think I got my workout for the month.  At least it
was night-time and not too warm.

So - any ideas of what I should check/try to try and narrow it down?  Or
should I suck it up and find someone to help me tow it to a shop?

Thanks,
Dave