My SV died. FI light blinking.

David Chamberlin dwc at nautiboy.com
Sat Sep 13 23:54:43 PDT 2008

Sorry for the soliloquy here.  I ended up removing the gas tank and got to
what's definitely the TOS.  Following the diagnostics in the service manual,
I checked the resistance between the terminals in the TOS.  It says that it
should be between 19.1-19.7K between the red and each of the other 2
terminals.  Well it's 19.4K between Red and Black, but only 3.4K between Red
and Brown.  That seems to indicate a faulty TOS.

I'm assuming the TOS doesn't have to be in a particular orientation when I
check the resistance?

Thanks all,
Dave