motorcycle rental in the bay area

Morgan Jones morgan at morganjones.org
Wed Sep 17 13:30:49 PDT 2008

Hey everyone.. I will be in the Bay Area for a few days visiting friends
and I would *love* to rent a non-Harley motorcycle.. ideally a BMW or
something reasonably sporty with bags.

I tried to rent from San Jose BMW due to their reputation but their
contract is contradictory as to liability and they don't want to work it
out... basically making the renter responsible for the entire motorcycle
in the case of an accident.. I just can't afford to replace an R1100RT
out of pocket if something happens.

Can anyone recommend another rental option out there?  I fly into San
Jose so ideally something in that vicinity.

thanks,

-morgan