SV superbike leaking/using coolant

Morgan Jones morgan at morganjones.org
Sun Sep 21 08:32:01 PDT 2008

Interesting.. Any thoughts on why this might have happened?  Is it
normal for a head gasket to blow again 2 years and 20 track days after
it was been replaced?  Is it possible the gasket was not replaced
properly?  Are worked motors more susceptible to this?

One thought is that I added a fan sometime last year and before that was
very careful to not let the motor go above 200, now it once and a while
gets to 220 where the fan kicks in.. ie I'm less careful since the fan
is there.

Thanks.

-morgan