help troubleshoot no spark

matthew patton pattonme at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 12:29:26 PDT 2008

I have a '99 bike that I'm trying to get running but have no spark. I shorted out the clutch switch at the big Yellow connector. I shorted out the side-stand cutout switch. I put a 100 ohm (NOT kilo-ohm) in-line at the red/yel-black/yel ignition wire that runs to the ECU since I have no ignition switch. What other stupid stuff do I need to bypass for the thing to send power pulses to the coils? I put a Ohm meter across the green-white leads from the AC-rotor and it registers 3 different values as it cranks. I presume that is correct but I don't know.

I get no voltage on the coil driving wires (continuity test is good) so what other interlock is there that I don't know about? I swapped a known good ECU in and still the same problem. The starter fires and the motor cranks fine.