better brakes

Jo Rhett jorhett at fastlizardracing.com
Thu Sep 25 11:11:16 PDT 2008

A long time ago there was a conversation about having better brakes,
and I was told that I didn't know good because I had never felt it.

Well the '03 750 front end had better stopping power, but only
incrementally so and certainly wasn't an eye opener.

Last week I rode a friend's 2006 GSXR1000 and *THAT* was some better
brakes.  I grabbed them lightly in the paddock and did a full on
stoppie.  I was worried they might be too grabby on the track, but at
speed they were incremental and *sweet*.  170mph down Thunderhill's
front straight and I felt better entering turn 1 on the GSXR1000 than
I ever did on either sv650.  My god those brakes were nice.

The pads were Vesrah SRJL, which I have already acquired.   Is there
anything else about the '06 brakes I might want to find?  Can I just
swap these onto my '03 front end?  Pretty please?

#553 WERA / AFM