better brakes (almost off-topic)

Ilya A. Kriveshko ilya.kriveshko at verizon.net
Thu Sep 25 11:56:36 PDT 2008

I had been of the opinion that I could have adjusted my riding to any
brake setup. That is, until I tried switching back to (brand name
withheld) after running a season with Vesra pads. Innocence gone, Vesra
pads back on. :-)

Jo, wanna try an even sweeter (or at least stronger) stopping power? Try
the brakes on a Ducati 1098.
--
Ilya

PS: The stock suspension on a 1098 was so far off for the average sized
human, that such strong brakes were a liability. I think the stock setup
would only work for someone with a lead brick in the ass, and with a hot
air balloon for the head. Touch the brakes - bottom the forks. Hit a
bump - catapult out of the seat. But no more, thanks to Peter Kates.