better brakes

Jo Rhett jorhett at fastlizardracing.com
Fri Sep 26 00:25:32 PDT 2008

On Sep 25, 2008, at 11:06 PM, Randy Grein wrote:
> Heh. Get a SS engine. With race gas we're seeing an easy 15 mph over
> the bone stock bikes at Pacific and Spokane. I'm pulling 16/43
> gearing which is about right - peak power on my bike is about 9500
> and there's a fair power drop by redline. Of course, WMRRA does
> allow unlimited compression mods...

I hate unlimited mods classes.  Frankly, I'd rather just race the
superstock class on SVs, but nobody is there to chase really, unless
Zoran is handing me my ass on his 500cc bike (they usually grid in the
same start)

I'm actually curious about that.  The more I learn to ride the SVs the
more I learn just how tragically short the power band is on these
things.  Miller full track was 30-something shifts per lap, no
kidding.  Getting on the GSXR1000 and finding that 4k rpm was as good
as 10k on the SV made me seriously jealous.  Shift?  Ah, why bother.

#553 WERA / AFM