better brakes

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Fri Sep 26 05:30:12 PDT 2008

Eh, that's cause they WOULD have 40 hp on you there. (grin)

This is the classic story about engine type and understanding power
delivery. The SV has a broad powerband making usable racing power from
just under 8 grand to redline. The curve is pretty darn flat (I've had
engines that were within 1 hp of peak power from 8-10 grand) but
nearly all of them sign off a bit early. You're actually better off
short-shifting and using the torque. I've never been to miller but at
Willow it was something like 3 down, 3 up the entire track.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #41