better brakes

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Fri Sep 26 17:43:05 PDT 2008

No, trying to keep up with the Pinkstaff kids. I haven't seen your
dyno chart, but if it's like the others (peak power around 9.2-9.5
with a substantial dropoff after that) wringing it's neck will make it
go slower, not faster.

Keep in mind however I'm talking about minor short-shifting, not what
you'd do for a sunday drive. A bone stock '03 dyno chart (shown here: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photos/RealityBikesDynoHP.jpg
  ) shows a 3 hp dropoff from 9,200 to 10 grand, and looks like it
would drop another 3 hp easy before hitting the rev limiter. Drop much
below 8 grand after the shift on that bike and you're left behind, but
it would be tough to keep it above 9 grand except in the 5-6 shift.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #41