front cylinder doesn't fire

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Mon Aug 24 21:29:17 PDT 2009

Hardly the first time I've dealt with this, but before I could always
count on it being the cap, wire or coil - or some weird combination of
the three, and intermittent to boot. It will light once the motor gets
to about 5 grand (making for a HELL of a transition) but otherwise
nothing. I grabbed a spare coil and plug, still nothing. Unless the
mounting bracket needs to be grounded ( getting it out is a bitch with
all the cables there, I just plugged the new one in to test) I'm out
of ideas. Anyone?

Oh, this is my street ride - '02, stock stock stock, about 30k on the
clock. It was riding fine, then dead.