front cylinder doesn't fire

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Mon Aug 24 21:48:47 PDT 2009

Yup - It fails the classic external spark plug test - use a spare
plug, ground it against the engine and look for the spark. It's dark
now so I repeated and discovered one of the leads was loose. It helped
when I tightened that connector up (with pliers) but still no spark
until about 2000 rpm. At least I'm onto something; I'll have to check
a number of connections to make sure they're tight, and maybe replace
the sparkplug cap.

Yes, sometimes talking about a problem leads to the solution...
Randy Grein, WMRRA #141