rap-a-tap-tap

Patrick Mullen pmullen.lists at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 12:59:37 PST 2009

> Should I assume this is the famous "you're using the wrong gas, stop being
> cheap!" knocking, or is there something else that might be involved?

If only there was a quick and easy way to test if it's just because of
cheap and/or bad gas...  ;)

It's probably not it but loose cam chain is another possibility.  I'd
have to actually hear the sound to give a better guess.  Or bad wrist
pin or bearings...  They all have unique sounds.

~Patrick
--
2006 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2003 Triumph Sprint ST
2004 (race) / 2001 (street) Suzuki SV650