bad owner: no cookie (or: starting after looong disuse)

Donlon McGovern mcgovern at hevanet.com
Mon Dec 7 15:20:19 PST 2009

A few years ago I went down to Pasadena to pick up my dad's 67 Pontiac
Tempest LeMans which had been sitting in his parking lot for at least two
years because of his failing vision. Before I tried to start it I removed
the plugs and sprayed each cylinder with a good shot of WD40 knowing it was
flammable as well as a fairly decent lubricator. When I hit the switch that
good ol 326 lit up immediately and I drove back to Portland without any
further troubles and drove the car for five years before selling it to a kid
in the neighborhood.
Might try that with your bike..
dm